To cater the needs of the farmers of hill districts, the Uttar Pradesh government transferred Gaja farm of Horticulture Department, Tehri to the GBPUA&T, Pantnagar in 1991 with an area of 9.12 hectares (22.54 acre). Later, it was transferred to VCSG UUHF Bharsar in 2011. The station is positioned at the Narendra Nagar block of Tehri district. It is an important research centre for Western Himalaya of Uttarakhand. Gaja Research Station lies in 30° 16’17’’ N latitude and longitude of 78° 25’21’’ E. The altitudinal range of the campus varies from about 1700 m to about 1760 m above mean sea level. Cultivable area of this station is 4.0 hectares(10 acre). This is a major multi crop station in the Garhwal Region engaged in research and extension and seed production activities of various agricultural crops.